Daily Social Media Marketing
I got my Bachelor’s degree in jazz studies in 2006. Performance was the emphasis of the program I attended, and I was not given much training in the area of marketing. I regret not taking any business or marketing classes, because trying to find work as a sideman or guitar teacher has been difficult sometimes. I’ve had to rely on trial and error to develop the marketing skills I need.
When I went to college, Facebook was still new and kind of gimmicky. But now it is a powerful tool, and several other social networking sites exist that make the task of networking and marketing easier. I found this article by Brian Thompson to be helpful. He points out a common misconception – that a musician’s time would be better spent practicing or writing. But he outlines a plan for 30 minutes a day of social media marketing, which would allow any musician to continue doing the other stuff too.
Do you have a routine for social media like the one Brian Thompson outlines? What is it, and what results have you seen from it?
My Recent Posts
My Top Posts
- Drinking fake coffee from a dishonest mug. Sad! ift.tt/2kX64wo https://t.co/wVfTOFqn9I 7 months ago
- Taste the rainbow. ift.tt/2i7yh0y https://t.co/lxuOWZa7Of 9 months ago
- Open invitation. ift.tt/1SC4SJP https://t.co/HQQRPVkH5E 1 year ago
- Just leveled-up my selfie game. ift.tt/1K5pjp3 https://t.co/R3UjfFCEwd 1 year ago
- ift.tt/1PTmESQ http://t.co/V4KadUxG0H 2 years ago